RP, discussion...whatever! I don't care as long as I like it!!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Darkest before the dawn

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:33 pm

Storm was awake in an instant and bolt upright, then froze in fear, eyes wide, already starting to tremble. "W-Work...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:41 pm

"Humans are valuable down here." He gestured violently to the closet. "Get dressed and leave your clothes on the bed. They will be burned later." He slammed the door closed. In the closet hung several of the same uniform; soft black pants, black shoes, a white long-sleeved blouse, dark suspenders and a black hat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.z6.invisionfree.com/boredom_inc_rp_forum/index.php?ac
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Storm sat there, trembling, before fear moved him into action and he dressed, shaking the whole while, fiddling with the hat, before letting it sit on his blande hair. He headed out of the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:47 pm

Xerces was waiting, arms folded across his chest. His bright crimson eyes looked over Storm. "You look like filth. Let's go." He turned and began to walk swiftly down the hall, one of the shadow tendrils coiling around Storm's neck. It wasn't enough to choke him, but to put him in his place. Xerces dragged the boy along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.z6.invisionfree.com/boredom_inc_rp_forum/index.php?ac
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Storm struggled to keep up, afraid to try and loosen the tendrils, eyes wide. He wanted to ask where they were going, but was afraid of what Xerces would do to him. He should never have agreed to go along with..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:57 pm

Xerces swept into an immense room, booths and tables and desks and eateries all over the place. Humans dressed just like Storm were running around, either serving food or shining shoes or taking luggage or working as cashiers or cooks for the huge variety of creatures coming in and out of the room. Storm, like everyone else, was to be put to work as some kind of bus boy or bellhop.

"You work. You do whatever I tell you to do; I oversee this entire establishment. Demons travel through all the different worlds and we need scum like you humans to work for us. However..." He smirked darkly. "When you work for me, you do more than these things here."
Back to top Go down
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:00 pm

Storm nodded, then asked fearfully, "What else am I going to be doing?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:02 pm

"When you're a necromancing demon like myself, no one will willingly crawl into bed with you. It's unthinkable; repulsive. Painful. I get lonely, as you can imagine." His dark smirk tunred into a cruel grin. "I recall telling you yesterday that I would be initiating you today. I didn't mean only during business hours."
Back to top Go down
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:04 pm

"B-But... You told me... b-before..." Storm gulped, then realizing there was no reason Xerces would hold himself to his word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:06 pm

"I said I wouldn't at the beginning." Xerces shrugged. "Sorry to tell you, rat, the beginning is over." He roughly shoved the boy towards a luggage cart. "Now get the hell to work."
Back to top Go down
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:09 pm

"B-But! I... I don't know where to go...!" He was going to be sick, he was trembling so harshly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:13 pm

"That gentleman over there." He shoved the boy again. "He needs help with his bags. Ask him where he's going. If you got questions, ask another worker. I have thing to do."
Back to top Go down
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:15 pm

Storm nodded slowly and headed over, breathing deeply, "C-Can I help you, Sir?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:18 pm

The 'man' - if you could even call the white-haired, purple-skinned and horned half-wolf creature a man - snarled something at Storm in a language that sounded like some ancient gibberish. He looked angry and disgruntled.
Back to top Go down
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:20 pm

Storm hesitated, "Can I take your bags?" He reached for the furry bags hesitantly, knowing enough to keep his eyes mostly down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:32 pm

[[WHOA NEW MAIN CHARACTER (And I also changed Xerces' photo on the first page).

Arlen Mayge
]]

The beast snarled and roughly swatted Storm's arms away, lunging forward and growling some more of the language, like he was going to attack. All of a sudden a tall figure stepped in front of Storm and angrily told the man off in the same language he was speaking. The boy was tall, dressed in the same outfit as Storm, jaw charp and his face chiseled, dark hair hanging in a soft frame along angular cheekbones. He and the wolf creature exchanged what appeared to be harsh words. The boy pointed in thew direction of an attached hallway and the man grunted and walked off. The boy then sighed, turning to Storm.

"Hello there." He said, tipping his hat in a polite greeting. "I'm sorry about that. Xerces isn't usually so grumpy. You're new aren't you?" He extended his hand. "The name's Arlen." He said.
Back to top Go down
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:33 pm

Storm had fallen back, but stood, and brushed himself down, "Y-Yeah... I'm new... Thanks for saving me... Oh, uh. Storm Ryan."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:37 pm

"Welcome to Central Trytaria, Storm Ryan." Arlen said, nodding firmly. "Look, I know what it's like to be new here and it sucks. So I'm gonna take care of y', alright? We don't get many people down here anymore, so I make it my job to try and get y' as comfy as can be. I've been here fer five years, so I'd like t' think I know the ropes pretty good. Stick by me, 'kay?"
Back to top Go down
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:38 pm

Storm's head bobbled up and down, "Okay. That won't be a problem..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:45 pm

"He was speakin' Orcish, by the way. Gnomes, Beasts, Orcs of course, some Fae and even a couple of Elves speak it. You'll catch on pretty fast." Arlen said, leading Storm through the crowd and towards a ticket/information kiosk. "Most creatures, like the Demons, Werewolves, Incubi and Succubi, Cambions and Vampires and most Elves and Halflings all speak English - there's a handful of customers who speak Fae, but the Fae can usually read lips so..." Arlen trailed off, shaking his head. "Sorry, am I goin' too fast fer y'?" He laughed a little. "This is where we'll work today. Some will ask for tickets, some will ask where things are. Just watch me and soon you'll know where everything is..."
Back to top Go down
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:46 pm

"N-No, it's okay." He stayed close to Arlen, "I never thought anything like this could have existed..." His stomach was snarling with hunger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:50 pm

"It's jus' like places up in the human realm." Arlen shook his head, opening the cash register to look at what was inside. "Except, y'know, demons." He said. "There's hundreds of worlds, just like there are cities. This is a resting place. There's room and board here. Us workers git the worst rooms, 'cause this is all we really do. 'Cept when Xerces gets his urges." Arlen grimaced, disgusted. "Looks like you're up for tonight. I feel bad for y'. Believe me, if there was anythin' I could do I would."
Back to top Go down
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:56 pm

Storm was still shaking, "I... I was just so hungry..." He sniffled, "I don't get why this had to happen to me... I didn't ask to end up on the streets or down here..." Tears were gathering in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Arlen checked for customers and, thankfully seeing none, he moved and pulled Storm against him in the most comforting embrace he could muster. "I know. I know, 'm so sorry it had t' happen." He said, smoothing the boy's beautiful blonde hair. "But this is where y' are now and you've gotta make the most of it. I'm here for you and I ain't goin' nowhere as long as you need me. I'm your friend. Everyone needs someone to look after 'em..." He sighed, keeping a keen eye out for Xerces. "Look, Storm. If Xerces sees you like this he won't like it. I'm so sorry. 'M doin' all I can for y'..."
Back to top Go down
Inarikins

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:03 pm

Storm sobbed a little, but nodded, "Y-Yeah..." He pulled away, wiping at his eyes. "Thanks, Arlen." He sucked up the tears, long nails digging into his palms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkest before the dawn   

Back to top Go down

Darkest before the dawn
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next